Meeting Standards with Technology
· National Standards for Technology in Education (NETS and CNETS)
· California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP)
· California Content Standards
· California Commission of Teacher Credentialing - Technology Standards (pdf)
Connecting them all together - A teacher should be able to connect
the lessons that she or he teaches with the professional teaching standards for
both the nation and state, along with the content standards AND determine
student achievement and outcome.
There are two types of standards for learning
1. Content Standards - what should be learned
2. Process Standards - how it is learned/to what degree it is learned
In a matrix format using EXCEL or another program, place the applicable NETS, CSTP, the California Content Standards and a description of a lesson that you teach and determine student attainment of that lesson. See example.