Sources for essays must be deemed academically
Please avoid the following:
1. No encyclopedia - including Wikipedia
2. No dictionaries
3. No authorless websites - Websites like The
American Red Cross or UC Santa
Cruz are considered to be corporate authors and are thus
acceptable. Newspaper editorials also do not list authors. Use
corporate or institutional authors in the place of individual people
and cite normally.
4. No quote web sites like Brainy Quotes or Great Quotes. For
people have a basic human right to preserve their own heritage,"
5. No blogs without full names.
6. No About.com; howto.com; and other authorless websites.
7. No sources that are dateless.
When you cite a source, you have made the determination that it is
academically credible. If it is not, your paper will be
See the CRAAP
Attributes of an excellent essay:
* Create an argument that is independent of any provided source.
* Evaluate your chosen sources. Do not just use them. (Criticize,
* Write in a good, academic, confident tone.