by Daniel Keyes
April 10 Discussion with Dr. Gen (over first 25 pages)
April 11 Vocabulary Quiz 8, Read Novel
April 12 3 Dialectical Journals in class, Read
April 13 Reading Quiz 1 (pp. 1-53); Discussion of novel
April 14 Correct the Spelling and Grammar for Charlie Gordon’s Progress Report 1; Read
April 25 Reading Quiz 2 (pp. 54-115)
May 2 Reading Quiz 3 (pp. 116-216)
Choose one of the following to do as your project. You may choose to work with a partner. However, I expect each partner to have a specific role and for the project to be much, much better than if you were working alone.
1. A script for the 6 o’clock news covering the Charlie Gordon presentation in Chicago.
2 A letter of recommendation for Miss Kinnian if she were to apply for a job at ESHS. Explain why she would be a good candidate to teach at our school
4. A citation for the Nobel Science Prize for Charlie Gordon, Professor Strauss and Nemur
5. An A&E Biography of the life of Charlie Gordon
6. A poem for Algernon and Charlie explaining their relationship
7. A dialogue between Charlie and Algernon in heaven
8. A letter to one of the characters
9. An interview with one of the characters
10. A psychiatrist report on Charlie before, during and after the operation
11. A report on medical science and the ability to make a person smart
12. A song about Charlie’s sense of alienation
13. A short story that continues where the novel left off
14. More progress reports where the novel left off
15. A questionnaire administered to students about the ethical-medical issues of this novel. Report your findings.
Your presentation may take whatever form you wish. You may write a poem, short story, fictitious diary, create a web page, do a PowerPoint presentation, create a video or audio, write a song, create an album – just about anything.